Thursday, March 16, 2017






GOD, my Refuge, my Deliverer and my Fortress.
March 16, 2017

Psalm 71:3 “Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me for you are my Rock and my Fortress.”
What a blessing and sweet reward to abide under the tabernacle and habitation of the LORD our GOD. Here we are safe from every form of evil.  Here we abide in safety, peace and rest for our souls.
Psalm 91 beautifully describes that for us. VV 9-10 “Because you have made the LORD who is my refuge, even the Most High your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor any plague come near your dwelling.” 24/7 we have protection.  vv5-7 “You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.” (Emphasis added)
We are far separated from any evil that may befall us. V8 “Only with your eyes shall you look and see the reward of the wicked.” Sometimes we are not even aware of the evil around us until the Holy Spirit reveals it to us.  How do we know?  The Holy Spirit within us begins to stir within us…..deep within our souls there is an unrest and discomfort.  There is a nudging in our spirit and a burden within our souls.  The solution to this is to pray.  He will reveal to us the mysteries of this burden and as we release it to Him, He takes it away. He also reveals to us the source and reason this burden. Sometimes they are placed within us because the LORD is looking for someone to pray.  Can He trust us with this burden?  Sometimes it is someone coming against us or a deep call to intercede for someone or something.
Believe me, this is not a comfortable feeling.  It feels as if your soul is being eaten away….but, “God is our Refuge and Strength, a very present in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea. Though the waters roar and be troubled. Though the mountains shake with its swelling.”  The promise is, v4-5 “There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of GOD. The Holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.  GOD is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved. GOD shall help her just at the break of dawn.” Yes, GOD shall help her just at the break of dawn.  When we think that all hope is lost….After we have wept all night help comes, “at the break of dawn comes help.”
It is important to note that help comes to the one who seeks the LORD because, “……………He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” Hebrews 11:6b
To enter into this blessed covenant, I must choose to make the LORD my number one.  Note the mentioned Psalms 71 and 91.
Psalm 71:1a “In You O LORD I put my trust……..”
Psalm 91:1 “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 
The promise? Psalm 91:14-16 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My Name; I will be with him in trouble and deliver him and honor him.  With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation.” (Emphasis added).
If we desire to live GOD’s promised peace, rest, safety and deliverance.  We must first seek Him, surrender our will and emotions to Him.  Trust Him and seek Him in every area of our lives.  The outcome will be the promised blessings is seen here in Psalms 46, 71 and 91.
I pray we will always be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and trust Him to lead us and reveal His heart to us as we seek Him in prayer. May we also always abide under the shadow of the Almighty as we make Him our LORD and Savior, commit ourselves to Him and always seek Him.

Pearlene Friday
“GOD’s Precious Pearls Ministry.”

No comments:

Post a Comment